Fein tool for grout removal - can you help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a one off job to remove some dodgy grouting. The grout width is 2.5mm and the tile edge is squared off and not beveled. The grout is rock hard Mapie stuff. I am looking to get the job out of the way with minimal hassle and I have been told to take a look at the Fein tool.........

http://www.trades-direct.co.uk/modules/shop/products.asp?rangeid=84

Now here is my question..... Is the cheap model worth bothering with ? The job is likely to be a one off ( I hope ), and I dont give a shot if it burns out after one job. But if isnt up to it in the first place, I'll invest in the more pwerful model.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
How large a job are you tackling
The Bosch copy of the Fein is half the price, and would likely be more than up to the job for such a task

I'd not consider Bosch as trade duty, but if you truly have something like this task in mind for it - it would be more than adequate.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back