Felted roof, loose grit coming off when raining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a lean to conservatory that had a plastic sheet roof, that was heavily leaking, so we replaced the roof frame and felted it.

When it rains I to get a lot of loose grit fall onto my patio. It seems to miss the gutter somehow, water into the gutter isn't an issue. (The gutter does get some grit, but not alot...)

I'm no expert in roofing, complete novice! Done underlay tacked down, torched on 2nd / 3rd layers & drip edgings. Other than this issue, completely happy with my result! And most importantly, no leaks!

My thoughts, possibly one / some of the following;
- Should expect a little bit to come off
- Top layer is meant to be a slightly different one
- Poor quality felt
- Missed a step when doing the job

Open to suggestions, its not a massive problem, but annoying when having to sweep up the patio all the time!

Thought i had a couple of pics of the finished job but don't so heres a few anyhow;

Old:
IMG_3336.JPG
Halfway:
IMG_3344.JPG
Allmost finished:
IMG_3392.JPG

Sponsored Links
I know from experience there are big quality differences in domestic shed felt, plus the weather is much harsher these days.

Blup

If it’s new all the loose grit needs to wash off before it stabilises.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back