Fence Post Bracing Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am currently building a fence and have a number of fence posts which are approximately 2 metres apart. The problem I have is that the posts are squarely cut and my fence is not a regular shape.

I am going to brace the fence with gravel boards and two
horizontal pieces of wood. I will then attach Reed screening
to it with screws or a nail gun.

Because my fence posts are square the braces do not
make a natural right angle with them so there will be a gap.I should have used round posts and cut wedges but its too late now. Is there any workaround for this

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

--------

Sponsored Links
If I understand you correctly you mean that the posts are set square to a line (say pointing at 12 o'clock) but the fence goes off at say 2 o'clock thus leaving a gap between post and rail? If that is the case then just trim the end of the rails so the angle allows a butt joint to be made to the post.

That seemed quite easy to resolve so maybe I haven't understood the issue? In which case explain a bit more please.

Thanks

Thanks - yes this is pretty much it. Would I use a nail butt joint to nail in from the opposite end of the fence post?

Would this be strong enough for a fence?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back