Fence post not level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Had a go at putting some fencing up today. My neighbour already had a concrete post in so i followed on from that using concrete posts, gravel boards and lap panel fencing.

However, as i was doing this on my own, i was completely spent when doing the third and last post and didnt fix it level. Hence the panel is in snug from the bottom up to about the middle and then it goes out of line somewhat to the point of where theres a gap between the panel and post at the top.

Any ideas of what i can fix in the gap to stop the fence moving?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd just bite on the bullet and do the post again....if your luck is in, the compo won't have fully set so it should be fairly easy to break it loose.
What do you think?
John :)

Thanks John.

Do you reckon i would need to replace the post as well?

Like you said, if i'm lucky the postcrete will break up easy enough without the use of a kango.

The fence is cornered in an L shape to some close board fencing, incidentally there is a gap here between the concrete post and the close board fencing.

I was going to put one of the old fence posts in to close the gap and wondered if it was possible to anchor the lap panel to old post and to the close board fencing?

Sponsored Links
Concrete posts are usually very tough, having reinforcing bars in them and made from vibrated concrete anyway - so they don't break without a fight!
For the same reason, they don't like to be drilled and plugged usually so try to secure extra timber to some surrounding wood if you can.....you might find the odd wedge handy!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back