Fence Post Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick video to show how quickly posts can be removed, to enable sitting on a lovely new fence. :D

Sponsored Links
The old Toe Jack trick;) used one to lift a leaning concrete/brick bin store once.

I just use a 4x2 over a pile of bricks as the fulcrum , much quicker,cheaper, though in the video the post has very little around the base, usually a dozen bricks and a couple of bags of concrete, doubt it would be so effective in that situation..

Sponsored Links
I think I could pull that post out.
I removed a 4 x 4, just by drilling holes & levering out.

As he drilled into the post it moved, I think it was so loose it was easy to remove. That method would not work with a post set into a large solid concrete base.

definitely wouldn't work with the average rotted wooden fence post set in a large ... ... .

neither would it work with a post where the bottom of the post is in damp clay and has swollen.

Burning out with charcoal and an airblower works but is time consuming.

got me interested. Charcoal and an airblower? How long ? Posts set in concrete paths that customers want left undamaged are worst. Anything from 3 hours to two days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back