fence side

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am putting up a new fence do I have to put the nice side of the panels on my neighbours side? x

Sponsored Links
No, but it's good practice to do so as with the fair side abbuting the boundary line, you have enclosed your land to the fullest extent and not gifted your neighbour the land between the fence posts.

If you pay for the fence you can choose which side you have facing your garden, it may be considered polite to give the neighbours the best view but it is rarely done these days.

Sponsored Links
Convention is to place the "nice looking side" toward the neighbour, but who is to say what the nice looking side is if you are doing panels with posts between.

I am going to be building a close board run of fencing and will place all the posts and rails my side, but this means I will be able to secure trelis and fix plants to my side.

As TheVictorian has said, if you are paying for it, then surely you should decide what to do? (within reason) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back