Fensa. . .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My double glazing is 8 years old, but im unsure who fitted it (previous owners) i do however have a FENSA certificate. Is this an industry warrenty?

Sponsored Links
It's a certificate to say the install has been done to the relevant standards, complying to building controls.
I assume if you contact FENSA with the cert number they can tell you the name of the installer.

As PBD says, a FENSA certificate only warrants the installer is registered with them & their installation complies (should comply) with Building Regulations; but the small prinmt disclaims any responsibility on them if it doesn’t. It’s not a warranty against either manufacturing or installation defects; it’s a pretty worthless piece of paper really.

The installer’s registration number & their name should appear on the front of the FENSA certificate & it’s they who they should have given a 10 year warranty, preferable via a 3rd party insurance scheme. You need to pursue claims through them if they are still in business; a 3rd party warranty may have some value but you have to pursue the company first & 3rd part schemes usually only pay out if the original installer has been formally wound up; if the company has gone bust, your probably on your own!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back