Fensa and double glazing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI there, new to the forum, wonder if anyone can help

i recently got my dad to install UPVC double glazing windows and patio doors in the kitchen and 3 sets of sash double glazing throughout the house.

My dad is a builder (or rather was - he's retired) so the job was done well, howvever i have just realised that i didnt have any FENSA certificates for the work.

do you know if its possible to get the work inspected post fitting? by either a fensa 'agent' or the local authority.

thanks for looking

ash

Sponsored Links
Only by the Local Authority.

To get a Fensa Cert the windows have to be supplied and fitted by the same Fensa Registered supplier.

Only by the Local Authority.

To get a Fensa Cert the windows have to be supplied and fitted by the same Fensa Registered supplier.

so your suggesting that ,y local authority building regs might be willing to examine the work after completion?

thanks for the reply by the way

Sponsored Links
Yes they offer such a service, its called 'Regularisation' eg http://www.mendip.gov.uk/CouncilService.asp?id=SX9452-A7800569
Your authority will have such a page within their Building control section of their website. You'll be looking at around £150 for it. (Plymouth charge £134-£200 depending on the number of windows) all assuming the windows comply with the regs and Building Control are satisfied that they comply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back