fer combi boiler not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have a fer industrie combi boiler and were having some problems. the boiler ond day just went off and hasent come on since. the best diagnosis i can give is this, the boiler ignition comes on for a few seconds then shuts off and the pessure light flashes now i dont have the manual for the boiler so any help that can be givin will be most appreciated

Sponsored Links
we have a fer industrie combi boiler and were having some problems. the boiler ond day just went off and hasent come on since. the best diagnosis i can give is this, the boiler ignition comes on for a few seconds then shuts off and the pessure light flashes now i dont have the manual for the boiler so any help that can be givin will be most appreciated
Have you checked the water pressure? There should be a pressure guage somewhere on the system, My guess would be thats the reason why the error says pressure. domestics work at about 1.5 bar but I dont know about industrial systems but the principle is the same

Fer industrie is a ferroli boiler. Probably a hawk or falcon and probably the same as a modena.

Is the pressure set to between 1 and 1.5 bar cold?
If so you could be looking either at some crud in the low water pressure sensor or a faulty LWP sensor. I was working on one of these yesterday. The LWP sensor was attached to a hydroblock which also had the PRV, a thermistor and a connection for the guage on it. About £75 retail inc.
If you are lucky you might be able to buy the LWP sensor on its own if you need one. Are the two orange wires connected to it properly?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back