FER Falcon 2 Boiler Starts up and stops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My boiler is a FER Falcon2 (GC NO 47-267-24)

The hot water part of the boiler works fine and I get consistant hot water all the time.

The heating part is the problem. When the boiler fires up it generally makes a "thawump" sound when it starts up. Almost like its pushing the metal casing outwards. It could then run for 1 or 2 minutes or could run normally. Sometimes it fires up quietly but this is not often. But mostly it will run for a few minutes then go off and come back on a few minutes later. All the radiators always get warm. The pump continues to operate when it goes off as it should.

The water pressure gauge is around 1.5 bar and around 1.8 bar when its running. I tend to have to top the water up a little every couple of months.

The boiler was last serviced 1 year ago when I moved into the house.

The thermostat is in the hall and is made by Honeywell.

Is there anything that I could check myself before needing to get an engineer in. Apart from the thumping noise I wouldnt know anything was wrong

Many thanks

Bernie

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back