Fernox DS-40 my story - kettling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used this at the weekend and thought I would share my results

Basics = kettling - we had heating but no hot water

I have a vaillant ecotec plus 831 which is 5 years old, we had Home Energy Services come round and they said that the plate heat exchange was blocked

Change the HE for a bit over £200 - still no hot water

The advised power flush - we sought a second opinion - they said power flush but try Fernox F5 - we tried F5 3 times - each worked a little for about 5 days

I decided it was time for the DS-40 so diluted about 1/4 of the tub in warm water - close off the rads apart from one - stick it in

It ran for 3 hours making noises - not very happy - at one point I though it was going to break

drained the system 3 times (stuff looked like mud) - neutrilised the system and flushed again

Now everything is working - not sure how long for - but Im hoping it will last until May as we are having building work then and I cant fit a filter as it hasn't the depth below

So... in short..... Kettling - try Fernox - I'm still amazed

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back