Fernox TF1 Magnetic filter - it's awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just want to post my views on the Fernox TF1 magnetic filter.

I had a filthy system, took all the rads off, gave them a good shake and flushed them through. Of course couldn't give the pipes the same treatment. But the water looked clean when i filled t up again. However, as an extra line of defence I also installed the fernox TF1.

After a few hours usage I checked and emptied the TF1 and it had mopped up a surprising amount of gunk (and continues to do so).. I now empty the filter every few days and am planning to do another chemical flush and refill.

FYI no issues with the TF1, I disassemble it regularly and it never leaks.

So IMO it's better than the spirotech and magnaclean. Spriotech is solid and easier to install but doesn't hold dirt like the TF1.

Storms

Sponsored Links
Fitted over 100 tf1's and tf1 minis......... oooops

12-18months later around 20 leaked, mostly from there seem where they put together.

So IMO it's better than the spirotech and magnaclean. Spriotech is solid and easier to install but doesn't hold dirt like the TF1.

Storms

So on what basis have you done your comparison?

Are you sure that a test sample of just one is useful to establish the reliability of a product?

Suppose 100 were tested and the sole one that survived the test was produced with a claim that the product completed the testing. Is that really fair when 99 did not and the product was obviously not reliable at all.

Tony

Storms

So on what basis have you done your comparisom?

Are you sure that a test sample of just one is useful to establish the reliability of a product?

Suppose 100 were tested and the sole one that survived the test was produced with a claim that the product completed the testing. Is that really fair when 99 did not and the product was obviously not reliable at all.

Tony
I hold my hands up, you've got me there!

Sponsored Links
If it helps you, I have fitted a few and none have leaked yet!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back