Feroli Falcon COMBI BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Feroli Falcon Combi boiler has been playing up. My neighbour noticed that the over flow was pouring with water. I checked the water pressure and the reading was about 3 bar :eek:

When I got back from work I turned off the mains water and drained the whole system.

I then re-booted the boiler and managed to stabilise the bar pressure on 1.5 then over the period of time the pressure drops to 0 (few hours later). I then refilled the boiler and turned all the radiators on and kept an eye on the pressure gauge and again the system drops to almost 0.

Any ideas on how I can overcome the problem without looking at a new boiler :cry: you feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Had you left the filling loop turned on? the system will have hit 3bar then blown off out the pressure relief valve. They are notorious for not reseating and leaking after the pressure has been reset.... check its not still dripping - if it is you need a new one... otherwise i'd be think there is an expansion problem - the vessel that is, its either lost its charge or the diaphragm has gone.... look for a small schraeder core valve (like a car tyre valve) on the red vessel at the top, down and behind the boiler... take the cap off and press the valve for a split second... if water comes out thats your problem but ifs a high pressure blast of air comes out (not just a small pffffttt) its probably ok...

Hope this helps

Dave T IEng MIGEM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back