Feroli Modena 102 red light after replacing thermisters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have got a problem with a modena feroli. The DHW kept switching on and off every 30 secs. The radiators were ok. I looked on this forum and decided to replace both thermistors . These have been replaced now and in the process the circuit board got water on it. Not sure if this the cause, now the red light shows when I switch the boiler back on. :cry:
The pressure in the boiler is showing just below 2 pressure.
I have used a gentle hair dryer to remove any water.

Any help gratefully recieved.

Regards
Paul

Sponsored Links
lock out that wont reset after water on the board can usually be cured with a hairdryer,take the pcb cover off and give it a blow dry.just to let you know though,changing the t`mistors most likely wont have cured your problem. ;)

lock out that wont reset after water on the board can usually be cured with a hairdryer,take the pcb cover off and give it a blow dry.just to let you know though,changing the t`mistors most likely wont have cured your problem. ;)

Agreed these boilers usually will work again once the pcb's dried out so you'll hopefully be able to get it back working again once it drys out.....if you dont ill pass 1 onto you at a highly discounted price :LOL:

This wont cure your intermitant HW problem though but youd need a RGI to fix the problem as it involves getting into the combustion chamber

Ray

New thermistors cured my ON /OFF hot water problem on the 102.
JonB

Sponsored Links
Just sometimes thermistors will go open circuit just when hot.

On the Ferrolli they usually just go open circuit, often with monotonous regularity!

Some plastic parts on that boiler fall apart when an RGI just looks at them.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back