Ferolli Optima 701

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently I have had intermittent problems with no DHW. Even when working I have noticed that when I run the hot water in the bath, the temp is tepid and the flow rate higher than it used to be.

I have changed the HW thermister and removed and cleaned the flow meter but to no avail.

Any suggestions

Sponsored Links
If the flow rate is higher, the temperature will be lower. Does it get hot if you only open the tap a little bit?

Yes if I reduce the flow rate at the tap the water will get hotter. I also hear some clicking noise from the boiler when I turn the tap on sounds like a solenoid possibly the gas valve.

Sponsored Links
Combi boilers are made to heat X litres of water by raising the temperature by 35 degree C.
You pass greater amount of cold water through the boiler, temperature rise for hot water will be less.
If you run the hot tap less, temperature rise will be less, eventually temperature restricted by the control system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back