ferroli combi 77 ff. gc 4726704. 1990

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
pilot will light if lit with a match, thermo coupling ok. problem is it will not light automatically wen ignition button is pressed, everything else working fine just the little problem of the ignition, any ideas plzzzzzz
:cool:

Sponsored Links
Whaddaya want, a part number?? Look, if you interfere with your boiler and it kills you, you'll go to prison. :confused:

Sponsored Links
im corgi registered chris,, just lacking experience as not long qualified,
came on here for help as i thought more experienced guys would help , but obviously i was wrong
:cool:

frenchie your days are going to be long and ardous if you start replacing ignition devices that only ever get used on a service. ;)

If its any help all I ever seem to replace on those is the pcb and the occasional air pressure switch rarely the ign transformer
Board is a VMF6.1 part number 3980254/0
ign transformer is part number 3980115/0

May be a quick fault finder in elec control box

Heres an extract to help u on ur way
The 'by the way' bits
Fan has to run full speed for >20 seconds
With hot water tap open Led 5 lit indicates faulty pcb
The 'juicy' bits
Microswitch on gas valve closes [80 & 81 on X1]
Relay 3 [nearest the transformer] is the one that operates the ignition and its these that often go black when faulty
When its energised contact moves to the right and then ign box is powered up [55 & 56]

Unusual for insurance to pay for stuff like this ...they usually state they are not a maintenance contract.

thanx slugbabydotcom, very usefull.... cheers m8.

just foned insurance & ur all rite, not covered as not a breakdown
:cool: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back