Ferroli F30 pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help. I moved into a house with a Ferroli F30 combi boiler. It was working fine initially but since 2 months ago it has failed to come on several times despite program settings and it has been due to the pressure being too low. I have managed to get it working by increasing the pressure to about 1.5 and then resetting the system. This trick works for a few days to a couple of weeks and then the pressure will drop and I will have to top it up again.

I don't mind it doing this but was wondering if the boiler is faulty, if it is on it's last legs and needs changing. If this is a sign it will fail completely soon I will get a new boiler but if not I would prefer to wait a few months and just keep topping it up. Now when I top it up it seems to only last a few days unlike the first time. Am I in serious trouble and do I need a plumber urgetly. I have not deteted any leaks and have the heating on full as the manual advised for winter.

Please help ad advised. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reponding.

I do have one of those but no no water is coming out of there when I check. I have been keepin an eye on it. when should I be looking to see if there is discharge of water? I turned the presssure up the day before and the heating system has been workig fine. If I keep having to refill the boiler up to keep the correct pressure, does that mean there is a leak somewhere along the system?

It seems the only LED that keeps flashing is the pressure one and it seems like that is the only problem. Should I be getting a new boiler? Someone told me that the air/water "thing" that keeps the pressure has a membrane which is leaking and evetually I will not be able to increase pressure even if I try filling up the boiler. They said it need changing. Does that sound right?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back