Ferroli HE26C- Connecting external OpenTherm thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to connect an OpenTherm Honeywell T6R stat to a Ferroli HE26C.
I'm aware this hasn't got the best reputation in the world, but it's managed 10 years with nothing more than a couple of O-ring replacements, and still seems quite happy.

The manual ( https://www.ferroli.com/media/1506955558.pdf ) is highly unhelpful, as it's just unlabelled pictograms.....

At present, it's got the integrated timeclock, with an external Siemens volt-free thermostat connected to this. This plugs into a little 4-pin plug. (P12 of the manual, which seems to suggest it ought to have a blanking plug if no clock is installed)
The diagram shows that two pins from this plug go to the external thermostat.
The second two pins go to a pair of terminal blocks, and from then to the PCB.
If no timeclock is installed, the diagram shows the pins to be connected through, so it would appear to be a basic volt-free switch.

However, the timer manual labels these two pins as OpenTherm (attached pic)

It therefore appears to me that I can just pop out the plug and connect straight into these terminal blocks with the new thermostat.
If it supports OpenTherm, all well and and good, and if not, as far as I can see, it'll simply function as a volt-free switch.

Just looking for a sense check please :)
Unclear pictograms and translations always make me want to take a quick step back and consider.....

Attachments

• timer.jpg
    timer.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 82
Sponsored Links
Simple

Where is the difficulty??
You do not need the timer so remove it
Open therm from TR6 goes to 139
If OT does not work, put a link in 72

C8B15C11-9E8C-4AC8-B77C-5764734F8BD9.png

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back