ferroli modena 102 boiler not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a ferroli modena 102 boiler it has been playing up over past few months keeps lighting then goin off so i cant get heating or hot water. Some days will work great then not at all. Now it has stopped working all together it will not light. What could this be????????
When was working the boiler would come on and when it went of you can hear a knocking.
HELP!!!!!! asap[/b][/b]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ferroli Modena 102 combi boiler (gas)
Boiler wont light.
It has been playing up for a few months, would light but would go off after a couple of seconds maybe a minute, then wouldnt come on at all. Some days would be fine others not so good. For both hot water and heating.
When the heating is on full the pressure goes up from 1.5 to 2.5 then i turn the heating down and the presure goes back down after a while.
An engineer looked at it previously he said might be the sensors, then he checked them and said it wasnt, he also said it may be the fan because it is noisy. He said leave it till it goes altogether.

if the fan is on its last legs it may be that the aps is opening which would cause you problems

and if your pressure is right the ex vessel needs checking as well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back