ferroli modena 80e fan speed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can an one help ,please can you tell me for sure how the fan runs on this boiler ,dose the fan accelerate when calling for domestic hot water or dose the fan speed remain constant for both modes DHW & CH , my plumber has no access to the web , and has also had conflicting suggestions from ferroli , the boiler cuts in and out intermittently , changed thermistors ,APS, venture now parts are getting expensive , if the fan supposed to accelerate what component on the pcb controls it , if the fan stays constant through both modes could the fan be losing power thus reducing the vacuum across the venture, please advise if you are absolutely sure about fan speed I appreciate any help but this is important as my next purchase will cost me
Kind regards Neil

Sponsored Links
Fan is constant speed and only the burner modulates.This is a combustion chamber related fault and RGI work.

We dont give advice here on DIY gas/combustion work.

It seems that you have a parts changer and not someone who can actually diagnose faults.

If I had called someone to repair my boiler I would not expect to pay for parts which were not needed to make it work.

I would also be suspicious of anyone who worked on fixing techically advanced machines like boilers who did not have internet access!

Tony

Fan speed is constant.
Replacing the venturi on this boiler is pointless.
If the fan continues to run during shut down and the ap switch is open your RGI needs to replace the fan.

Sponsored Links
What fault would make a fan continue to run?

Dont you think that the PCB controls when the fan runs?

Hi many thanks for the exceptionally quick reply’s, my repair man I a very reputable and extremely busy man he has changed parts that he has as new in his stock, his supplier (plumbcenter) will not allow the PCB or the FAN unit to used as fault diagnosis as they are security tagged so he asking me to gather as much information from other experts to save making the wrong expensive purchase as you all most probably know various part failures can show up as the same fault , as I say the fault I am experiencing is intermittent the boiler can run with no problem for hours then it will cut in and out, the fan starts the boiler lights runs for a few seconds then shuts down then re starts e.c.t, in both DMH & CH , he has serviced the combustion chamber and the read outs from the gas analyzer are spot on so is the flue readings , if anyone has any information he could benefit from he is always willing to listen his motto” is he who knows it all knows nothing “
Regard Neil

Hi many thanks for the exceptionally quick reply’s, my repair man I a very reputable and extremely busy man he has changed parts that he has as new in his stock, his supplier (plumbcenter) will not allow the PCB or the FAN unit to used as fault diagnosis as they are security tagged so he asking me to gather as much information from other experts to save making the wrong expensive purchase as you all most probably know various part failures can show up as the same fault , as I say the fault I am experiencing is intermittent the boiler can run with no problem for hours then it will cut in and out, the fan starts the boiler lights runs for a few seconds then shuts down then re starts e.c.t, in both DMH & CH , he has serviced the combustion chamber and the read outs from the gas analyzer are spot on so is the flue readings , if anyone has any information he could benefit from he is always willing to listen his motto” is he who knows it all knows nothing “
Regard Neil

Ah, I think I know your valued engineer, his name is 'Neil' aka snorky!!!

He may be reputable!

But he has changed parts which dont have much likelyhood of being at fault and thus apparently at random!

I suggest you need someone who takes ownership of the need to repair your boiler by diagnosing the actual fault and only charging you for the ONE part which needs to be replaced toi repair your boiler!

Tony

Regard Neil

Hi for all the valid uses of this forum I do apologise , Richiehoneybucket,, I work in an industry that uses liquids and gases that make what you do look like using schoolboy chemistry set BUT I RESPECT THAT I have two young children who are more important than the cost of a gas fitter I presume you are one (and not a very busy one by the look of it) I joined this forum because the frontrunners seem to be informative people but your comments are showing you not to be one of them , the engineer who is attempting to rectify my fault is working for the good of his customers not his pocket he is of the generation who is not comfortable around PC’s he was a gas fitter long before the advent of the WWW . I see on you profile know one has thanked you!!!!!!!!!
Please I any one has any help for my engineer it will be gratefully received
Regards Neil

Regard Neil

Hi for all the valid uses of this forum I do apologise , Richiehoneybucket,, I work in an industry that uses liquids and gases that make what you do look like using schoolboy chemistry set BUT I RESPECT THAT I have two young children who are more important than the cost of a gas fitter I presume you are one (and not a very busy one by the look of it) I joined this forum because the frontrunners seem to be informative people but your comments are showing you not to be one of them , the engineer who is attempting to rectify my fault is working for the good of his customers not his pocket he is of the generation who is not comfortable around PC’s he was a gas fitter long before the advent of the WW2 . I see on you profile know one has thanked you!!!!!!!!!
Regards Neil

Get real mate, it's you that's trying to fix it. He? has got to be about 120YO if he was doing gas work before WW2!!!??? :eek: :eek: :LOL:

With the greatest of respect, don't take it out on me if you can't get your old boiler working. Your valued engineer(if there is one) is clearly not up to the job.

He may be reputable!

But he has changed parts which dont have much likelyhood of being at fault and thus apparently at random!

I suggest you need someone who takes ownership of the need to repair your boiler by diagnosing the actual fault and only charging you for the ONE part which needs to be replaced toi repair your boiler!

Tony
Hi appreciate what you are saying, my fitter has and will not charge me for any part that is not faulty, but as I say the fault is intermittent and narrowing down the fault can be difficult I cannot expect him to stand here for hours and hours waiting for the boiler to flicker on and off , the advice he had from ferroili indicated an air flow fault , he changed one part at a time and waited to see if the fault was cured all on the advice of ferroli , like he has said you forum users could possibly know something I do not , I have sat here now for 4 hours with no problem , until now on/off on/off only twice , please explain to me what else can he do !!

Neil

Regard Neil

Hi for all the valid uses of this forum I do apologise , Richiehoneybucket,, I work in an industry that uses liquids and gases that make what you do look like using schoolboy chemistry set BUT I RESPECT THAT I have two young children who are more important than the cost of a gas fitter I presume you are one (and not a very busy one by the look of it) I joined this forum because the frontrunners seem to be informative people but your comments are showing you not to be one of them , the engineer who is attempting to rectify my fault is working for the good of his customers not his pocket he is of the generation who is not comfortable around PC’s he was a gas fitter long before the advent of the WW2 . I see on you profile know one has thanked you!!!!!!!!!
Regards Neil

Get real mate, it's you that's trying to fix it. He? has got to be about 120YO if he was doing gas work before WW2!!!??? :eek: :eek: :LOL:
www world wide web!!!!!!! not very clever aye

the fault could be tested/cured in 5 minutes but as this involves breaking the combustion seal nobody will risk telling you what or how to fix it incase your engineer doesnt exist and you are diy.If your children are indeed very important to you,then i advise using some of that gas and liquid money to employ a different rgi or maybe put him through a training course

It looks very much like the 'Plumber' he has employed(in his dreams) is not a RGI and shouldn't be anywhere near his clapped out old boiler.

'Aye' is that a racist remark as I'm Scottish?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back