ferroli modena 80e fan speed

the fault could be tested/cured in 5 minutes but as this involves breaking the combustion seal nobody will risk telling you what or how to fix it incase your engineer doesnt exist and you are diy.If your children are indeed very important to you,then i advise using some of that gas and liquid money to employ a different rgi or maybe put him through a training course
hi BingoBongo i attemped to contact you by phone 2 days aggo my fitter was with me at the time you seem to have the knowledge if you would be as kind to speek to him you can assure your self of what you need to know before you tell him any thing, would you be willing to speak to him
Kind regards Neil

Sponsored Links
where are you based? tell the rgi to have his gas safe number to hand.i keep plenty of spares for this boiler as stock.phone between 9am and 12 tomorrow

where are you based? tell the rgi to have his gas safe number to hand.i keep plenty of spares for this boiler as stock.phone between 9am and 12 tomorrow
Hi BingoBongo, I have the gas safety inspection report here if you forward an email address through the personal message centre I will send you a copy it has all the relevant details on it so you can scrutinise it, if as some people think I’m attempting to fix this myself I could quote his number myself couldn’t I, but I am not i,m in wales
Thanks for the kind help
Neil

Sponsored Links
fan or flue fault,aps/venturi,would be the likely culprits,these boilers throw up some weird faults sometimes,tell your rgi to check the flue if a restrictor is fitted bin it,failing that introduce more o2 into the boiler top lhs of the cc cover after that its probably the fan,you can clean the blades of the impellor to help with airflow.after all of the above has been tried its mf03 time which will hurt :eek:

Snorky im just reading through this thinking and im wondering....

what colour was the new venturi the RGI fitted to the fan? also was it both venturis or only 1?

Cheers
Ray

fan or flue fault,aps/venturi,would be the likely culprits,these boilers throw up some weird faults sometimes,tell your rgi to check the flue if a restrictor is fitted bin it,failing that introduce more o2 into the boiler top lhs of the cc cover after that its probably the fan,you can clean the blades of the impellor to help with airflow.after all of the above has been tried its mf03 time which will hurt :eek:
many thanks for the reply,he removed the restrictor and cleaned quite a lot of grey matter fom the inner corners of the fan blades, as the fault is intermitant he is not advising running the boiler with the internal air plug removed for any lenght of time

Neil

what colour was the new venturi the RGI fitted to the fan? also was it both venturis or only 1?

Cheers
Ray
many thanks for the reply, the Venturi was red, and only one in the fan assembly i.m told

kind regards neil

Cheers
Ray
many thanks for the reply, the Venturi was red, and only one in the fan assembly i.m told

kind regards neil

i would replace the new red venturi with a brown venturi and also there are 2 venturis in the fan the other is white and may as well replace it while your at it for a few quid but defo get rid of the red one ( i know its brandnew) and try brown, let us know how you go

Ray

He may be reputable!

But he has changed parts which dont have much likelyhood of being at fault and thus apparently at random!

I suggest you need someone who takes ownership of the need to repair your boiler by diagnosing the actual fault and only charging you for the ONE part which needs to be replaced toi repair your boiler!

Tony
hi tony seems my enginner is not on his own in his method of fault finding, please can you advise on how it should be done correctly

regards Neil

Cheers
Ray

kind regards neil

i would replace the new red venturi with a brown venturi and also there are 2 venturis in the fan the other is white and may as well replace it while your at it for a few quid but defo get rid of the red one ( i know its brandnew) and try brown, let us know how you go

Ray
Ray, many thanks for the information i will pass the information on

When a supposed RGI called me for help "on behalf of a poster" he could not remember his Gas Safe number!

As any serviceman knows, you dont forget your army number for the rest of your life.

Nor do you forget your gas number as you spend so much time and money getting and renewing it.

Those who forget are usually doing illegal gas work and "borrow" someone elses number, often without their approval.

Tony

the venturi should be white it is in two parts one is a double funnel the other is a staight with a hole drilled in the end,venturis are three coloured on these grey/white/red
grey are the originals[crap]
red were used to replace them
white were the latest design about five year ago,i could never find the difference visually,all i know is they worked and lasted longer than the others
prt no 39809790.

One simple test any RGI can do is to measure the pressure presented by the venturi and compare it with the rated value of the safety device.

Tony

When a supposed RGI called me for help "on behalf of a poster" he could not remember his Gas Safe number!

As any serviceman knows, you dont forget your army number for the rest of your life.

Nor do you forget your gas number as you spend so much time and money getting and renewing it.

Those who forget are usually doing illegal gas work and "borrow" someone elses number, often without their approval.

Tony
hi tony , i don't understand your relpy fully, are you suggesting that i am posing as a gas safe engineer , as my earlier post to bingo bongo i have my documentation from the initial boiler service that has my engineers registration number on it , i have not and never will quote that number in fraudulent use, again all im attempting to do is help get additional information for a person who is not comfortable around PC's

neil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back