Ferroli optima 701 no ignition spark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone could through some ideas as to what my problem could be.

I have the Optima listed in the title of this thread been having problems with the pilot light not firing to heat hot water until I'd run the hot tap for a bout 7-10 mins. then the other day, I put the heating on manual but the radiators did not heat up at all, the heating was on for about 2 hours! So, to try and sort this out, I used the old IT trick, to switch it off, then fire it up again after a few minutes, however now i have an altogether separate issue, the fan spools up I wait the 20 seconds the instructions say, hold the ignition button down, but there is no spark at all. usually I can hear the clicking sound of the spark to ignite the flame, but nothing.

since it's September and starting to get cold, I@d like to sort this ASAP.

any help is really appreciated, sorry for the long post, thought the more details may be useful

Chal

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back