Ferroli Optima 901 hot water issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening , I appreciate that there are a number of similar issues on this forum and others , however none of these have helped so I'm asking for my specific issue.

My boiler is 20 years old , only previous issues have been with PCB which Ive replaced a number of years back

My CH is fine , however my hot water even with temp gauge on midway gets pretty hot , water pressure is good , however after approx 60 seconds it becomes "warm" and there is a noticible increase in water pressure ( not the same as some other posts , it doesnt go cold ) , it then gets hot again and repeats the cycle . I have replaced the temp sensor on the inlet pipe ( CH ) no difference .

Any ideas please , I have read that it may be the heat exchanger , however I cannot find any instructions on how to clean this on this model .

It does feel as if it is some sort of temperature safety feature kicking in .

Thanks in advance .

Sponsored Links
I have replaced the temp sensor on the inlet pipe ( CH ) no difference

For hot water, what has CH sensor got to do with it. And on the inlet pipe? You sure?

Hot water from this boiler will be hotter especially if heating has been on to then settle at a lower temperature

Apologies , I meant that I'd replaced the temp sensor on the DHW pipe with no change .

Sponsored Links
Just had another look whilst tap running , flame is constantly on when boiler on , however orange light ignites and flame kicks in when tap on , also fan can be heard , pressure is correct , however after approx 40 seconds flame dies down , and fan stops but then kicks in again and does the same .

Suspect lack of proper boiler service is causing this issue
Boiler has lights that indicate sequence of operation if my memory serves me correctly, these need looking at to locate the defect

Looked at the boiler setup. Above leds for operation indication statement is correct. Also see components that I have serviced in the past to restore boiler operation.

OP, you need someone who is a repairer rather than an installer or a plumber to tackle the issue on your boiler. The components in question are within the combustion chamber, not an area a lay person could or should tackle

Last edited:
ive just had a thought , do both of the thermostats , ch and dhw kick in at same temperature?

There is no adjustable reference for hot water but is for heating
Issue does not have to be temperature of water flow in the pipe to switch the burner off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back