Ferroli say 3yo system needs power flush?

Sponsored Links
Hi!
He said the system was causing the seals to go hard and snap. Said he could scrape the build up of metal off them with his fingernail. That's why he said it needed the power flush. I never saw the seals by the way. My service engineer ran the system for 30 mins after installing the Magnaclean. Took magnet out and there were 2 strands which looked like cotton on it. He said that was nothing.
No idea about the pipes type. Got the boiler from local builders merchant and pipes/fittings to go with it.
Bloke definitely Ferroli engineer. Well, he has a nice big Ferroli van and wears Ferroli clothing.
Cheers.
Paul.

The warranty states it has to be drained and flushed yearly.
Sections to be filled in in service part of manual, with date and make of inhibitor added.
In answer to a previous question, it's an Optimax HE Plus 31c, with 8 rads.
Paul

Sponsored Links
Seriously? :eek:

They have an almost megalomaniacal opinion of their product's value if they expect that.

I bet Vaillant don't insist on that. I bet you that contract clause would be deemed unreasonable in court.

Very interesting to see that you have to drain and refill yearly... doing so will introduce more oxygen to the system which will react overtime and cause corrosion to the metals (rads) which is probably where this metal is coming from. Water is natually oxygenated and overtime it will release this through the AAV so the water in the system contains no air. When you fill your system up you are re-introducing oxygentated water which in turn causes corrosion.

NB

OOps! :oops:
Sorry!
Caused myself work by not reading properly!
Saved myself future work by now reading properly!
Having checked the manual - which I leave to the service/Ferroli engineers to fill in etc - it only needed flushing and inhibitor when being commisioned.
I read it when it was installed and assumed it was part of the yearly requirement.
Blushing profusely and apologising for the confusion caused, plus people wasting time replying to me.
However, the Ferroli engineer did say the other week it was a yearly requirement, as I said.
I got that bit right.
Sorry again.
Back into my hole.
Paul

Haha you had me worried then Paul!

At least now you have an argument to back your point about the yearly statement from the engineer. Oxygen in heating systems is what causes the corrosion in the first place so introducing more is only encouraging the issue.

I hope this helps,

NB

Thanks for that.
I was expecting a page of abuse for not reading service requirements correctly.
The point you make about oxygen seems totally valid to me. If Ferroli ever quote their engineer's recommendation to me I now know what my answer will be.
Thanks again.
Paul

Thanks for that.
I was expecting a page of abuse for not reading service requirements correctly.
The point you make about oxygen seems totally valid to me. If Ferroli ever quote their engineer's recommendation to me I now know what my answer will be.
Thanks again.
Paul

You're welcome.

in all honesty it sounds more like their engineer was trying to make up excuses for a fault to cover his back.

Best of luck,

NB (new account)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back