ferrolli He 26c error code A 01

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi need some urgent info re. the above!

Boiler is about 3 yrs old, tenant back home after a day out to find house freezing and boiler showing A01 error code. Googling this it seems something to do with ignition. I'm assuming theres no easy fix for this ie switching on and off etc. Does anyone know what likely issue (ie common fault?) is and whether the part if needed would be readily available over a trade counter tomorrow? Obviously I'll get someone in to see to it. If anyone here gas safe reg from Gloucester wants the job let me know!

Sponsored Links
Make sure tenant has gas ! See if condensate pipe is froze up if going to outside ( may be ran into interior waste plumbing ). Re set boiler ,by pressing for 1 second ,the reset button on front panel. If none above you will need an engineer.

re. gas they're not on a card meter or anything and pay their bills so presume havnt run out but boiler is only gas appliance in the property so hard to check easily. Shes tried reset button but boiler doesnt come on. Condensate pipe exits outside but not freezing temps today and its been much much colder than this last week so would I be right to presume its not that?

Reset button has to be pressed and held pressed for one second. Ensure she has done that. If boiler still does not reset you will need an engineer .code A 01 is indicative of an ignition fault and needs gsr engineer to visit and diagnose . if no freezing temps in your neck of the woods its not likely the condensate pipework outside is frozen up.

Sponsored Links
Terry thanks. I will get her to try that again but will line an engineer up in the morning.

OMG what can I say about this morning:)

so I get on the phone to our usual people and they cant get to the house until Thurs this week. (Mum and 2 kids one under 1 yr old, no heat or hot water)

Rang 4 others all of whom couldnt do this week. Asked one of them could they recommend anyone and they said look at Checkatrade so I entered postcode of the property and the first firm in their list had 130 reviews and a 9.83 rating. I rang that guy at 9.15, he was at the house by 10 and according to tenant it needed the clock resetting or something and boiler was now working..

Here we are at 11.15 and I havnt heard from the guy so presume he will ring me later when less busy. Call out fee £55 which I havnt paid and he hasnt asked me to pay yet. I cannot thank these people enough - what a totally amazing service:)

Great response time ,would be interested to know exactly what caused the boiler to go to lock out. It certainly has nowt to do with a clock !! Maybe she misheard .anyway good to know they are sorted .

apparently "a timer fault" Also he topped up pressure. It was a bit low apparently but tenant knows all about that and keeps an eye on it. I think I will drop in and make sure theres no misunderstanding with what pressure it should run at. Apart from all that I'm just pleased its going again:)

What life span do these boilers have? Its now 3 and a bit yrs old. Hasnt gone wrong up to now. I'm acutely aware of their reputation! ( I didnt have it put in btw)

Boilers are a bit like cars ,you and I could buy the same model on the same day , you spend more on repairs than I do ,we both look after them and drive the same as each other ,same mileage .and after ten years they are worth nowt. Life's a bitch so keep smiling :LOL::LOL::LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back