Few Plumbing Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi jus currently doing my apprenticeship jus had few questions if anyone could reply: Many Thanks

1) Whats A Atmospheric Burner and a Primatic Burner ?
2) What readings should you get on average on a flue gas analyser ?
3) How come on some cookers when you turn down to low flame it goes out completely ?

Sponsored Links
Your readings are usually somewhere around the 8 or 9 %CO2 area, but depends from boiler to boiler and heat load.

If the flame goes out when set to low, then the cooker is likely to be shagged - or in need of a damn good service.

Roughly, an atmospheric burner is where the gas is released from the valve at a rate determined by the solenoid (either modulating or fixed). Some air is mixed in at the injector and the rest is added at the burner at atmospheric pressure and burnt.

The Primatic (not sure I have heard that turn before) is where the speed of the fan determines the amount of gas released from the valve (called a zero ratio valve). The gas is usually drawn into the fan through an injector, which allows the correct ratio of gas and air to be mixed together in the fan itself then the mixture is squirted into the burner and ignited giving a very clean and efficient flame - hence your second question is very which has very important implications. This is also why you don't bother with burner pressures on this type of boiler.

Not the best explanation I know, but I have a screaming hangover and can't be a7sed.

Sponsored Links
Your readings are usually somewhere around the 8 or 9 %CO2 area, but depends from boiler to boiler and heat load.

If the flame goes out when set to low, then the cooker is likely to be s*****d - or in need of a damn good service.

Roughly, an atmospheric burner is where the gas is released from the valve at a rate determined by the solenoid (either modulating or fixed). Some air is mixed in at the injector and the rest is added at the burner at atmospheric pressure and burnt.

The Primatic (not sure I have heard that turn before) is where the speed of the fan determines the amount of gas released from the valve (called a zero ratio valve). The gas is usually drawn into the fan through an injector, which allows the correct ratio of gas and air to be mixed together in the fan itself then the mixture is squirted into the burner and ignited giving a very clean and efficient flame - hence your second question is very which has very important implications. This is also why you don't bother with burner pressures on this type of boiler.

Not the best explanation I know, but I have a screaming hangover and can't be a7sed.

Welcome back Dan ;)

Hows the 'little un', I dont mean the wife :LOL:

Cheers mate,

The boy has been v poorly recently and is stuck in Japan with his mother (hence I have some time to post again).

Hopefully they will be back next week (my liver won't take much more bachelorhood).

I see things here are carrying on as usual...

thanks for the response guys.
so about 8 or 9 % would be fine ye ?! and what about PPM

PPM should be as low as possible - I serviced one of ours on Wednesday and it had 0 PPM.

As far as CO2 levels you HAVE TO CHECK THE INSTRUCTIONS.

On our Coopras it needs to be 8.2 - 8.6% at low load and 8.8 and 9.4 at 100% load.

so about 8 or 9 % would be fine ye ?! and what about PPM

Implies you are doing something you shouldn't - if so stop now and slap your wrist.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back