TRIANCO OIL AND GAS BOILER PROBLEM!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening chaps, for all of you that answered my FIRST CORGI INTERVIEW POST!
Had me interview todway and now am a CORGI member :D thanks for your support.
Right onto technical stuff. I have 2 questions if you please!!
Question about a Trianco eurostart oil boiler:
(i am OFTEC registered b4 anyone asks lol,altyhough that dont mean i know a lot :eek:)The problem is it keeps going to burner lockout and when reset button is pressed wont even fire goes straight back to burner lockout. A week ago the fire safe valve kept tripping and now it isnt .
The fuse blew and this has been replaced and not blown again. Confused so am i. There is a small water leak on system but thats not a major problem.
It haS been serviced about 2 months ago.but the injector hasnt been changed for at least 2 years she says.
Ihavent been to look at it yet am going out tomorro so jus tafter some ideas.
My initial thoughts are : light senstive probe
blocked injector(maybe the inline filter behind the injector)
fan not running (maybe drawing to much current and bloen fuse)
Does anyone else habe any ideas then i can go fully armed tomorrow ??
NEXT QUESTION:
TRIANCO 25/45 SYSTEM BOILER. Again i have not been out to look yet.
pilot light is lit no problems, but the the boiler wont fire when on HW OR CH. There is a dial inside numbered 1-3 when turned to 3 it fires briefly anf the cuts out but pilot stays on.
My thoughts " maybe sticky gas valve"
Any help for a rookie in this field will be greatly appreciated!!!

Sponsored Links
i always start simple, cos i am.

so check for oil first, then oil filter for blockage.

thats wot id do.

wot burner is it.. sterling?

Do as wilhelm says first. You might have a Sterling, Riello or Ecoflam burner. Riello is very different from the others. Might be photocell or pump coil or motor run capacitor. You need to see it first.

This is an odd way to fix a burner, asking a diy site. Seems like you need to go on a few manufacturers courses. They will help no end. Riello run some good courses, they WERE £100, but may have gone up.

well i thought id ask ere oilman as i had a few ideas , and just for some other advice as i did me oftec in may and because i been studyin for me gas for past 6 months havent touched oil at all.

Sponsored Links
While you're at it, book an English course as well, or were you just being sarcastic? Not good, you will get worse than that from customers, and you can't react that way.

as oilman said, odd way to fix boilers, still no harm i hasten to add.

the thing is its quite tricky sometimes, to fault find ,even when youve got the burner in front of you .

but on every fault i go to, i check the oil side first.
the tank might be full of water for example.......

anyway sorry cant help specifically, :cry:

hey np at all thanks for all help greatfully received and i have no idea what your on about mate,oilman. not being sarcastic at all just stating why i posted the problem. Was just after some other ideas which i have now got. lighten up a bit mate :D

following your sound advice oilman have just emailed riello for details on there burner course, many thanks :D

fronnie said:
......Was just after some other ideas which i have now got. lighten up a bit mate

I didn't get where I am today by not being a miserable git.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back