Trianco oil boiler won't fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all,
I have a problem with my Trianco oil fired boiler.
It will fire up and run just like normal for a few mins then it will shut off/lock out. I have noticed that the flame will go out, but the pump will run for a few second after just before it locks out. If I wait a few mins I can hut the reset button and she will fire up again and do the same thing. Also if I restart it say 2-3 times in a row the length of time the boiler will run decreases ie 1st run 5mins, 2nd run 2mins etc.
Any help would be greatly apprecieated.
Cheers
Alan

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I am sure there is no water in the system. I never let the tank run dry and the boiler is used all year round as it does my hot water.
I am wondering if it could be somthing electrical breaking down with heat?

Dirt or air in the oil line.

Clean the filter and see if it makes any difference

Fuel problem then.

Draw some oil into a pot from the flexible hose, after you clean the filters.

Filter is either on the oil tank, by the boiler or both.

Look for a aly cup shape thing on the oil line, maybe on the bottom of the site gauge.

All looks well.
Just ran it again. Went for a good 6-7mins before it locked out. What I did notice this time was just before it locks out when the flame goes out it tries to fire again, and there is a clicking/crackling noise like somthing is kicking in and out?
Also there is a small black block with a 3 pin plug going to that sits towards the side of the burner unit just behind the box with the lock out button on, and this is very hot. Normal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back