Trianco oil boiler 15/19

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please. Trianco oil boiler 15/19. series 2.
Clicking noise gradually increased in speed until it went out and would not restart. It would appear the solenoid on the pump was intermittantly being de-energised causing the noise. From the sound of the boiler it was apparent that the flame was also intermittant. I assume that the LDS was shutting down the oil supply as the flame was cutting out.
I have replaced the following in an attempt to cure the problem. LDS, control module, jet and the oil pump with a solenoid attached. The ignition electrodes have been cleaned and reset to manufacturers spec. and the oil supply bled. There would appear to have good arcing at the electrodes however when attempting to start up there is no electrical supply to the solenoid. The plastic connection from motor to pump is good.
As a test I've bypassed the controller and given the solenoid a constant feed to prove oil would be getting to the jet but it still wouldn't fire up. The motor sounds as though it is running at normal speed.

Sponsored Links
Seems you have spent quite a lot of money to no useful effect. Have you set the oil pressure on the new pump? This is where it is cheaper to get someone in to fix the problem, as they have seen something similar, and they can check the parts quickly as they probably carry replacements.

What model burner do you have?

Can anyone help please. Trianco oil boiler 15/19. series 2.

As a test I've bypassed the controller and given the solenoid a constant feed to prove oil would be getting to the jet but it still wouldn't fire up. The motor sounds as though it is running at normal speed.

You have said what you have done BUT you have NOT said what happens!

Does oil come out of the jet?

If yes AND the electrodes are sparking then its difficult to imagine why its not igniting !!!

Tony

Thanks Guys for replies.

Yes I do get oil at the jet when bypassing controller and I get good arcing yet still not lighting. The oil is not on the diffuser but in the bottom of the housing suggesting low pressure or fan slipping on the spindle i.e. not blowing effectively. I will check pressure and fan security to the spindle. The new pump was supplied @ 10bar which I remember the old unit was running at when i last checked it.

I read somewhere that if the motor was down on power the controller sensed this. Could this then explain no feed to the solenoid valve? Any thoughts ??? ( motor poor causing oil pressure low and blower ineffective.) Poor atomising of the fuel could explain it not lighting??

Any more thoughts or suggestions ?

Sponsored Links
As posted check oil pressure!

Have you checked oil quality (water contamination)?

I read somewhere that if the motor was down on power the controller sensed this. Could this then explain no feed to the solenoid valve? Any thoughts ??? ( motor poor causing oil pressure low and blower ineffective.) Poor atomising of the fuel could explain it not lighting??

Any more thoughts or suggestions ?

It's a synchronous motor, runs at mains requency speed with a LITTLE slippage.

Motor speed does not have much effect on pump pressure, motor power is Vrms.Irms cos ø, bit complex for a controller to handle. Pressure is set by a regulator, not the motor. Until you KNOW the oil pressure, you don't know the oil pressure. We sort these problems daily, but you do need to find the starting points.

Check atomising pressure and replace nozzle ( Its not unknown to have faulty ones as new)!

check your fire valve if you have one,have had these go faulty in the past and close but still loose a small amount of oil through to burner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back