Fiat Brava Electics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 1.6 Fiat Brava R reg 1998. The Fan heater, the cigarette lighter and the window wipers have stopped working. The fuses all look good and Fiat have told me that while they cannot exclude the Relay as the source of the problem, these rarely need replacing. They have suggested that it may be a wiring problem. I have also had a mechanic replace all the valves, just prior to this problem occuring. Could he have accidently cause a loose connection somewhere?

Sponsored Links
sticky123 said:
I have a 1.6 Fiat Brava R reg 1998. The Fan heater, the cigarette lighter and the window wipers have stopped working. The fuses all look good and Fiat have told me that while they cannot exclude the Relay as the source of the problem, these rarely need replacing. They have suggested that it may be a wiring problem. I have also had a mechanic replace all the valves, just prior to this problem occuring. Could he have accidently cause a loose connection somewhere?

Do you mean the valves in the cylinder head? If so then that's a major engine strip down and yes he could have inadvertantly upset some wiring. Take it to an auto electrician. It may seem expensive at the time but if he gets to the bottom of the problem it will be money well spent. You could live without the lighter and the fan (in summer) but not the wipers.

Willie.

If the head has been off to replace the valves then look out for a dangling earth wire somewhere under the bonnet. Probably runs from the bulkhead area (under the wiper assembly) onto one of the studs which hold the valve cover on the engine.

Sponsored Links
Back