Fiat doblo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got any info on the doblo diesel engines.
I've got an 02 doblo cargo van with a 1.9 engine and it needs the cambelt doing.
I want to do this myself but I can't find any info anywhere regarding timing marks etc. No one does a manual for it. :eek:
I even emailed fiat and they wouldn't give us any info, bstrds.
Also anyone know what these are like to do, it looks a bit of a b*gger.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
pm me your address and i will send you the autodata printout
book time is listed as 1 hour 55 remove and install so quite easy

I haven't done one, but I've spoken to a mate who has.....
All timing marks are clear, crank pulley at 8 o'clock, injection pump mark at 10 o'clock, cam pulley at 2 o'clock when the timing is set.
Crank pulley marked on the pulley, cam pulley on the casing, injection pump mark on the pulley. The new (genuine) belt has lines marked on it to check for the correct position. The injection pump sproket is locked in position with 2 x 6mm bolts.
The tensioner is eccentric and has arrows to indicate when its at the correct tension.
The crank has 4 pulley bolts that are easy to shift.
The book time is 2 hours, and replacement recommended at 72k miles.
Sorry - not really much help but thats all I know!
Autodata will sell you the fitting instructions quite reasonably, I believe.
Its usual to replace the tensioner as a matter of course, and most people recommend a new water pump too.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks burnerman, although you've put the sh*ts up me now. I didn't realise the pump had to be set.
I served my time on the spanners but got out of it a long time ago (think hillman imps, triumph heralds Austin princess) things haven't half changed since then.
But the only experience I've got of doing a cambelt on a modernish diesel was a passat I owned a couple of years ago, that was a common rail and the pump didn't need to be timed because it had a cam sensor.
I take it from your post that I can expect the doblo to be different.
ch 427, thanks for the offer and I'd appreciate a copy, how do I pm you, I'm pretty cr*p on computers.

ch427 I can't send a pm to you because your message settings only allow messages from friends.
If you would be so kind as to pm me I'll be able to reply.
Thank you sooey

Peter.N

Thank you for that link, I notice it's for the car, if it includes details about the diesel versions it would be ideal, but that isn't clear from the description.
If I can't get the info anywhere else I'll take a chance and download it.
thank you

I did notice that it didn't mention the diesel but though it would at least be a starting point.

Peter

Locking the injector pump is fairly common place - 6mm bolts are passed through the pump sprocket and into the cylinder head behind......it just stops the thing turning.
Don't let this particular point put you off!

I see, I think, so it's just a question of setting TDC on the timing marks and locking the pump before releasing the tensioner and removing the belt?
Sounds easy enough thanks.

In a nut shell, thats about it.....with the injection pump locked, the timing marks will be in the position I've already mentioned, and the white lines on the belt will be a cross check.
Make more dots with touch up paint if you wish to, and its worth studying the new tensioner before taking the old one off.
This job doesn't look to be too bad - its just the access down the side of the engine which is a bind.

Thanks, I'll let you know how I've got on when I've done it, though it will be a while.

Turn the engine clockwise a few times, with the spanner (at least 2 full turns) and double checking the marks.

Good luck

PS
Never did a Diesel Fiat belt, thanks for the information. Reports have it, they are a really good engine

I finally got round to do doing this, big thanks to burnerman in particular. Your info ref the timing marks and the pump was very helpful.
Apart from the access it wasn't actually that hard a job, I bought the timing belt kit rather than just the belt, it's a lot more expensive but you get a new tensioner and a new idler, as well as detailed instructions on how to set the tensioner.
One funny thing though, the new belt that came with the kit wouldn't go anywhere near to going on so I counted the teeth and it only had 190, the original had 193.
I took it back and they got me the right one which came in an identical box with identical idler and tensioner, different part no obviously.
It's just something to watch out for if anyone's doing one.

fck fck fck why oh why didn't I change that water pump. I knew I shoud've but I didn't.
It's just gone, and it's took the belt off.
The only good thing about it is it happened just as I started the engine, ran for a second or two then just died. So hopefully won't have done too much damage.
Let that be a lesson to all...change the feckin pump while your at it. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back