FIAT PUNTO Windscreen Wipers....Help Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 51 plate (2002) punto and have noticed that my front wipers work when i press the button on the dash but i cannot get the speed to change, when i use the stalk! but the washers work via the stalk. Any ideas what it could be and whether it could be a quick diy job or will it need to be a garage job?

Also i only had 2 keys (both blue) with the car and no card with the code on any idea where i can get the code from and an extra key cut?

Sponsored Links
Not sure what you mean about a button on the dash, as the wipers on a Punto are controlled via the stalk switch. If you take one of your blue keys to a locksmith, he should be able to cut another one and also programme it from your key. This is called 'cloning' the key. It should cost you about £30, but I have heard of them costing up to £80.

Hi there

My wipers don't seem to work on the stalk but the washers do! The button I am talking about is behind the right stalk on the dashboard and by turning this on seems to be the only way I can get my wipers to work. Could this be a fuse or would it be the motor? must say that the rear wiper works by the stalk.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
ya about the wiper ....... i could be a relay ......

ITS A PURE GUESS !!!!!
but that what i would say and without research cant tell you where
....... but if you have the book that came with the car it should tell you where to look

sure at the end of the day it worth the look even if im wrong :confused:

Back