Fiat Scudo Indicator problem

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Hi car experts
The indicators on my Fiat Scudo Van(1.9D 2005) work intermittently, this also happens with the hazards. If I give the centre console a wallop sometimes it starts working again.
When I mentioned it to the guy in the garage(was having new exhaust at the time) he said it was the indicator stalk and was a common problem, part about £200+ and a small labour charge, but his advice was just to wait til it packs up completely. I thought it strange that the hazards would be affected by the stalk, might just be me being stupid. Well now I'm at about 30% reliability so I need to get it sorted.
Does anyone know if it is indeed the stalk? If so is it repairable without buying a whole new unit? Seems a bit pricey!
All thoughts/experiences appreciated.

Micky

Sponsored Links
hiya,,

the reason the indicators and 4 ways are both affected is becuase they share the same relay. so the cables from the stalk go down through the relay, and also the cables from the 4way switch go through the same relay and through the stalk,

most indicator problems affect the 4ways the same due to this,

only 2 things it could be, either the relay or the stalk...

ok that makes sense, so it probably is the stalk, in which case I may take it out and have a look. Seeing as a wallop sorts it I'm assuming its just a contact problem, so I'd guess it may be repairable.

Sponsored Links
Back