Replacement Tail Light problems(fiat scudo)

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Hi

Just picked up a newrear tail light unit for my scudo van to replace one with a broken lens. Basically it seems a doddle, 2 plastic nuts and a molex plug. Swapped it over and it doesn't work. When I put hazards on, nothing, when I put the indicator on nothing but the others speed up. Put the other one back on works fine :confused: is it faulty? need to get it sorted, mot due

Micky

Sponsored Links
Its an earth fault with your new lamp....just check that you're using the correct bulbs though - ie no two filiament bulbs into a single filiament holder etc...is it possible to use the old bulb cluster and just use the new lamp lens? Cheers John

thanks john. As I've paid for a complete unit to fit my van I shall return it. Especially as I think I've paid a premium for it from the dealer. I just didn't want to return it only to find out I've missed something blindingly obvious, as is usually the case when me and cars mix :D

thanks

micky

Sponsored Links
Usually this is because water has gotten in the connector in the past, corroding the contacts. It will work fine if its left un-disturbed, but if you are to unplug it, then replug it, you can have problems as the terminals in to connector arn't making a good connection. Sounds like the earth pin is bad here (with Fiat being my forte, i know this is very common on MK2 Puntos and is likely the same issue here.) Spray the inside of the connector with contact cleaner, then plug and unplug the connector a dozen or so times... this will wear off the corrosion on the contacts within the connector giving you a better connection.

got it replaced, works fine. thanks for replies. saved me posibility of looking like a numpty :D

Back