LED Mileometer/Odometer On Fiat Scudo - Blank.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2004 old shape 2.0JTD Fiat Scudo van. Recently the LED mileometer stopped displaying properly. A couple of the lines that make up one or two of the numbers were missing, but I could still just about make out the mileage. Now it's completely blank, and won't show mileage or trip readings.

Is there a bulb behind the LEDs for the mileometer? Or has the whole LED strip gone. All other gauges on the dash work properly.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
If the display was still there I would have suspected a back lighting problem, as per many a Renault......however I think in your case some more work is necessary.
Consider giving BBA-Reman a call - they will have come across this before.
John :)

Thanks, John. I've had another look, and if I shine a torch on the mileometer in the dark I can see the mileage displayed. So I still think the LED display is doing it's job (bar one or two missing lines). I got a new 1.2W wedge capless bulb from Halfrauds today, so I'll try putting that in. Don't think it's too difficult to remove the instruments. Two Torx screws at top of surround trim and a bottom one in something described as a 'trumpet' that is reached through the cowling on the steering column. And remove the central vents. Then 3 screws holding the instrument panel in. That's the theory anyway. If still problems, will try your recommendation.

Will see how I get on.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back