fiat scudo no power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my fiat scudo 1.9 diesel will start and rev ok but struggles to go above 40 mph - just no power - its been fine till 2 days ago - ive checked for a loose air hose /electrical connection under the bonnet but have drawn a blank - its a 2001 model with the peugot 1.9 non-turbo engine

Sponsored Links
Check the air intake for restrictions i.e. air filter not blocking,hoses free of obstructions. Any smoke from the exhaust when you try to accelerate ?

;)

i.ve taken the air filter off - it was pretty black - but no difference to the performance - not noticed any black smoke from the exhaust - do you think the cat may be blocked?

Sponsored Links
With reference to the cat.it is possible that it could be blocking/collapsing,I would take it for a emissions test and see what that brings.While you are there ask them to check the cat,if it is breaking up they should hear it.

;)

sorted - it was the cat - i took the whole exhaust off and drove the van round the block - very noisy but it went as it should - the downpipe and cat is one piece so i poked a hose pipe down it and ran the water - not much water flowed out the other end - patial blockage

new cat - van is much happier !

thanks jonny

:)

Back