Country
United Kingdom
Make - Fiat
Model - Stilo Dynamic
Engine size/Type 1.6 16V
Year 2002
Mileage 70,000

Hi Everyone,

Having some issues with my Cars Heater, It seems to be taking a Very Very Long time for the Heaters To Actually Get warm and by the time i get from Home, Nursery, work the car has just started to get warm.. I dont mind but my 2 year old is Cold on the way to Nursery. I need to get this Fixed and i want to do this myself i have just paid £200 to get it through an MOT about 3 weeks ago, Can anyone at all give me some Ideas on were to start, My Car Maintenance Knowledge Is 0 But i am willing to learn and i dont mind fiddling about with the car at all.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Could be the thermostat, does the water temperature gauge give a normal reading, usually around half way? If not, thats likely what it will be. Normally quite an easy job.

Hi Yes the water Temp is Fine at the halfway mark, So you think it could be the thermostat. Would this be located under the bonnet somewere?

Cheers
Scott

If the water temp is OK it won't be the thermostsat. Could be a blockage in the heater matrix or possible air in the system. Does the heater temp control work, can you make the air cold or warm?

If you look behind the engine there should be two about 3/4" pipes going through the bulkhead, they are the heater flow and return, they should both be hot, one maybe slightly cooler, if one is only warm or cold the water isn't flowing through the heater matrix properly. There may be a bleed screw on one, if there is, loosen the coolant filler cap and the bleed screw, pour water into the filler until it comes ot of the bleed screw without air.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

The Fan blows OK and i can control the Fan at the moment i get COLD or VERY COLD and after a lot of driving it finally warms up but takes Ages.. It used to get Hot very Quickly, So in this Cold weather esp the ice in the morning its not good... I need to change the Head Light bulb tonight will see if i can have a look aroud under the bonnet for the pipes and check them out.

Back