Fibreglass flat roof with wooden fascia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are looking to protect our fibreglass flat roof wooden fascias with uPVC. Does the fibreglass have enough give to allow the uPVC to be pushed in between the wooden fascia & the fibreglass? Or is it likely to shatter/crack and hence is it better to run the uPVC flush with the fibreglass?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not an easy question to answer without seeing it but if the roof was finished with grp. trims then it should flexible enough to push the pvc underneath.

We are looking to protect our fibreglass flat roof wooden fascias with uPVC. Does the fibreglass have enough give to allow the uPVC to be pushed in between the wooden fascia & the fibreglass? Or is it likely to shatter/crack and hence is it better to run the uPVC flush with the fibreglass?

The fibreglass would have set to suit the present arrangement and if you propose to deform it by squeezing in something else then the wood may last but I would not bank on the fibreglass doing so. I am in particular thinking of the thinner PVC fascia designed to have a supporting timber background.

You may be better off removing the timber fascia and replacing it with a UPVC one of similar thickness - That is if you can get the old timber one out- as that is something I have never tried.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back