Fiesta L reg cutting out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, am desp for help. Every time I brake, my engine stalls. It usually starts up again but not sure what the problem is. Dont want to get ripped off at a garage coz am a girly, also need to save pennies so am prepared to try and fix it myself, if its not too complicated. Can anyone help a damsel in distress please???

Sponsored Links
Hi

When you say "every time I brake" do you mean even if your car is not moving the engine cuts out ? or when you are slowing down it cuts out ?
The reason I ask is,it could be a fault in the air intake or a fault with the servo unit.

;)

Hi there, thanks for replying. The engine cuts out when I am actually stopping whilst driving. At every traffic light, roundabout, you name it!! Please help if you can... Thank you...

Sponsored Links
Hi, my last service was about 8mths ago but am not a long distance driver, only about 1,500 miles or so since its last service... Been told it could be an air problem and to clean carb and change air filter, what do you think? Dont want to start poking around only to make it worse...

Which type of engine is fitted ?(engine code if possible) The code is on the V.I.N.plate under the bonnet,assuming it has the original engine fitted.

;)

Hi, thanks loads for the replies but gave up in the end and took it to a garage, where it cost me £80!!! Wont be doing that again, he he...

mamfa said:
Hi, thanks loads for the replies but gave up in the end and took it to a garage, where it cost me £80!!! Wont be doing that again, he he...

So What was it then?

hi i have the exact same problem with my Fiesta encore 1.3, also so does my mum and she has a fiesta (52 plate) we both are very frustrated as are our mechanics as nothing seems to be wrong with it. I have contacted Ford head office but have had no luck with any response (nice of them...) so i have now contacted watchdog. So if you DO still have the problem and if anyone else does for that matter. Tune in here to discuss it then at least i can then tell watchdog that there are plenty of people that this is happening to. :D

===========================
see forum rules, 17,20, 6a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back