Nissan Micra 1.0 engine cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My M Reg Nissan Micra started to 'kangaroo' at low speeds a while ago and at the same time started to cut out when I slow to a stop. It went into the garage for a service and the spark plugs, leads and distributor were changed, which I was advised should cure both faults. However, a few weeks later the car started cutting out again when I am slowing to a stop. If I increase the revs this prevents it cutting out but isn't always possible depending on the situation. It always re-starts ok, always first time. I've put up with this for a further week as I haven't been able to get it to a garage yet - as I only do short journeys (a lot of them, but only around 3 miles at a go) I've just put up with having to re-start it every so often. Now, it's started kangarooing ago - usually just after starting up and when going at low speeds. Occasionally it performs perfectly but more often than not now it cuts out when stopping at traffic lights, roundabouts or stop/starting in queues of traffic.
Can anyone tell me whether there is a simple solution I could try or is it better to take it back to the garage and get a mechanic to look at it? Any advice gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
A diagnostic check should tell you the fault(s). On this vehicle you should be able to read the faults yourself if you bridge terminals 6 & 7 on the data link connector for about 2 seconds,the faults will be displayed in a series of flash codes on the MIL light or the LED on the ECU (if fitted).

;)

Chances are you have a problem with the air flow meter which built into the lower side of the carb. As it is all one piece you have to get the full thing. This is a very commom problem with the Micras.
Try getting one from the newer models in the scrapyard.

Sponsored Links
same problem with mine! the air intake is down on the right as you look at tour engine behind the headlamp, if you follow the pipes from the air filter box on the top-back of the engine down!
I toke the whole box off and added a mushroom air filter 2 the intake at top of the engine. sounds realy gd now!!!:cool:

Back