HELP...Cutting out Fiesta!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really hope someone can help me as my missus is driving me mad! (thats only thing she can drive!)
Its a 1994 M Reg, 1.3 Fiesta. Basically since we got the car we had a problem with it cutting out occasionally when its cold. Along with this it would sometimes over rev when stopping at junctions to. We changed the throttle actuator as someone suggested this could be the problem, and for a week it was fine. Then it started again. I had the air box off, the leads off etc, sprayed everything with WD40, and again, fine for a week. Then started cutting out again! Changed leads and plugs, fine for a day, then yep, cutting out again! At moment I'm out there every evening spraying the car with WD40 just so she can use it in the morning! Please help someone!

Sponsored Links
when you spray everything with wd40 with the engine running does the engine surge and pick up? it sounds like it could be an air or vacuum leak

Sponsored Links
single point or multipoint injection? (round or square air filter)

Had the coil checked...all seem's fine, and the mechanic said I'd notice the car misfiring if the coil was the problem. The car does not pick up when sprayed with WD40, and also have checked for leaks to, as I had a air leak problem with a old golf of mine, but alas it would seem not the case here. The car is single point injection to.

Thanks

Back