Fill between bath and panel.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please advise on how to fill the gap, between therear of the bath and rear flat panel. Is it grout or silicon, or something else?

Sponsored Links
Not sure which joint you're talking about but if the bath butts up against a tiled wall then the join should be sealed with silicone.
Cheers,
Gcol

Cheers for that G.

Imagine you have a 6ft bath, in a 7ft room. I'm talking about the bridge between the bath and the wall. However I guess you have answered the question, as I suppose it's gonna be silicon. The problem I have with silicon is that it breaks down after a while.

Ah, I'm with you now. Yeah, use silicone and fill the bath with water before you apply it. Try and get as smooth a finish as possible - it'll reduce the black mould spots appearing. I won't use Unibond silicone anymore as I find that it's pretty poor in retarding mould. Use tape to mask off the area too - I find electrical insulation tape is ideal for this. Remove the tape as soon as you've smoothed the silicone out with your finger or it'll start to go off and pull the edges of your nice new seal when you remove it.
Gcol

Sponsored Links
Lol. It's just a saying. If every egg your hen lays turns out to be a chick then it works every time. I was just using it to say that the masking tape works every time too. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back