Filler loop not adding pressure to gauge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler pressure has dropped off on a baxi platinum 33 and when i turned on both valves to open the filler loop the pressure didnt seem to increase,it must have a little as the boiler started up as it was already calling for radiators but once the gauge got to 1.1 it didnt matter how long i leave the filler loop open no more pressure would go in. it's done this before in the past and when i disconnected each end of the filler loop there was lots of water coming out so it wasnt blocked.

Also there is nothing coming from the pressure relief vavle so its not just a stuck gauge

Sponsored Links
possibly, im open to suggestions.

normally a house has it's own mains supply feeding from the pavement to the stop tap but where i live i have a 3/4" copper pipe coming up my property to the rear then it tees off feeding 8 houses so maybe at this time (19.00) people are using alot and the pressure has dropped as really we have one old fashioned 3/4" pipe supplying 8 houses.

See if anyone else knows or yourself.

check what the pressure level is in the ev , should be about .8
use a normal tyre pressure guage

Sponsored Links
it's your expansion vessel
it should be pumped up to .8 bar
the vessel has a valve like a car tyre

yeh i've found this its on the top of a red tank inside the boiler under 2 covers buts i cant access it i cant even get my hand in to remove the valve cap let alone put a pressure gauge on it.

What would happe if this was greater or less than 0.8 bar?

Try topping up pressure at non-peak times.

7pm is prime water usage time.

the ev is there to keep the system under positive pressure
if the ev is not charged to about .8 bar the system will not be under the proper pressure
how old is this boiler??
how long is it since you last had it serviced??

it was serviced at xmas and is 2 yrs 4 months, ive since topped up the pressure at non peak time but dont know if that is anything to do with it or not

the ev is there to keep the system under positive pressure

the ev is not there to keep they system under positive presure at all......

its there to take up the expansion as the water heats up.

just cause they have lost a little pressure, dosnt mean the vessel has lost its pressure.

try topping up during non peak times.

once topped up, turn on your heating. if the pressure rises to above 3 bar and you get water out of your pressure relief pipe this will signal there is a problem with the vessel pressure.

you boiler is still under warranty as it has 5 years (as long as its been serviced)

any problems call heateam out to help..

hope this helps

jay

it doesn't matter what time (peak or off peak) you top up - you are just putting more water into your system and the pressure increases due to this!!

it doesn't matter what time (peak or off peak) you top up - you are just putting more water into your system and the pressure increases due to this!!

th theory behind peak or off peak as mentioned above was just because im on a 3/4 inch copper pipe feeding 8 houses so if people are showering etc i might have low pressure and its actually less then 1.1 bar that my boiler wouldnt go above with the filler loop on.

thanks for the help to guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back