Filler to cover hole in bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi :oops:

I have a hole in the white plastic coating on my bath (dropped a screwdriver on it ) :eek: It has not gone all the way through but has taken a chunk of plastic off.
I don't want to replace it as it is only 6 month old, I was wondering if anyone knew of a filler I could use to seal the hole and prevent any further deterioration.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Dont know what its called but my local independant plumbers merchant has a repair kit for such mis-haps.
It does exist is what im saying

if it is less than 2mm deep polish it out
start with 180 grade
then 240, 320, 600, 1200
then Tcut with elbow grease.
takes about 20 mins

Sponsored Links
Go to a Yacht chandlers & buy some white Gel coat filler; a lump of Selotape over the filler while it's still wet will give an almost invisible finish as long as you put the correct amount of filler in the hole; finish off with 1200 grade wet-n-dry & polish with T cut as advised.

Clean the chip first with no-solvent cleaner or the gell coat won't stick properly.

Ohhhh WTF; come on nikskin get a grip look at the firking dates :rolleyes: you even managed to sucker me in & that’s rare (no excuse though :rolleyes: ); shape up or ship out :rolleyes: . Strange thing is I thought I seen it before.

One up to you JohnD ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back