1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Filling a hole through internal concrete wall - what plaster should I use?

Discussion in 'Plastering and Rendering' started by Pete Cooke, 13 Mar 2021.

1. Pete Cooke

Pete Cooke

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello. I would really appreciate some advice please. I have a hole measuring about 14" x 12" running though an internal wall above a door. I was planning to fill this in with an old brick / cement and then plaster over both sides. I have a couple of questions please. (1) I had a plumber in doing some work and they said that I was making things hard, in their opinion a plasterer would wedge in a piece of plasterboard both sides and plaster over it. Does this sound correct, I could see this if I could get a batten screwed in but I can't as the hole is too small to get a drill in. Would it not be better bricked back up. (2). Could I just ask what plaster I should use to cover over the concrete to get a smooth finish for painting. I have filler but I am assuming there is a specific product I can get from screwfix or something. Thank you.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. blup

blup

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes, you can wedge batten/battens of wood between the two pieces of plasterboard, or fill it as you say, might be slightly better soundproofing if that is important.

Blup