Filling a hole through internal concrete wall - what plaster should I use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I would really appreciate some advice please. I have a hole measuring about 14" x 12" running though an internal wall above a door. I was planning to fill this in with an old brick / cement and then plaster over both sides. I have a couple of questions please. (1) I had a plumber in doing some work and they said that I was making things hard, in their opinion a plasterer would wedge in a piece of plasterboard both sides and plaster over it. Does this sound correct, I could see this if I could get a batten screwed in but I can't as the hole is too small to get a drill in. Would it not be better bricked back up. (2). Could I just ask what plaster I should use to cover over the concrete to get a smooth finish for painting. I have filler but I am assuming there is a specific product I can get from Screwfix or something. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Yes, you can wedge batten/battens of wood between the two pieces of plasterboard, or fill it as you say, might be slightly better soundproofing if that is important.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back