Filling a Worcester-Bosch CDi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I am no plumber but have always managed to at least top up the pressure on every boiler I have owned. Just moved into a new place and there is a British Gas Branded Worcester-Bosch CDi Combi. The pressure has dropped right down which tells me I need to top up the system. But all I have is a plastic key and a plastic black hole to put it in.. Can someone explain in a step by step guide what I am supposed to do? There's no instruction manual left here so I stuck.. I could have taken a chance and turned something but didn't want to play around in case I break something! Help appreciated, cheers. R.

Sponsored Links
Would be worth getting manual from W's site, but
Shove key in hole, up as far as it goes. If you turn it 90 it should lock, in a vague sort of way.
Then turn the grey(?) knob to the right of it, anticlockwise, several turns, until you hear the familiar gushing noise. Let if fill SLOWLY. If your feet are getting wet you're doing it wrong.
Screw knob shut at about 1 bar - careful they can shoot over.
Remove the key - which will dribble a little water.

Brilliant!! Thanks Chris.. that did the trick. So, on the cooled down/cold boiler I should fill it up to about 1 bar? What happens if it goes slightly higher? I think I filled it to 1.2 or just over.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back