Worcester 30 CDi Drain Point - How to use?

Sponsored Links
Have you checked for a drain off valve at the lowest point, either radiator or possibly if you have a cellar, on pipework in there.
Why are you draining system down?

Have you checked for a drain off valve at the lowest point, either radiator or possibly if you have a cellar, on pipework in there.
Why are you draining system down?
There use to be drain points on my radiators. When the last plumber changed my radiators, he replaced them with valves that did not have a drain point. I'm removing some radiators, for the painters and decorators.

I cannot see anything else in the basement (where the boiler is). Can I not use the "drain point" that is on the actual boiler?

Sponsored Links
To use this drain you have to remove the boiler cover, what kind of filling loop do you have ? If its an external one you might be lucky and the nrv might be on the cold feed side.

You are not supposed to remove the casing, unless you are GS registered.
Have you checked for drain off on the flow/return pipes at the boiler.

To use this drain you have to remove the boiler cover, what kind of filling loop do you have ? If its an external one you might be lucky and the nrv might be on the cold feed side.
Boiler cover is already off. It looks like page 10 in this pdf (color photo). The drain point is on the right. I can see the drain point, I just can't see anything I can turn, to get the water to actually drain.
http://www.buildbase.co.uk/link/1/h036168_29702_t.pdf

The installer rigged it up to the mains for the CH pressurisation, the pipe is on the left and has two external isolating valves. I turn both to pressurise the system.

If the boiler covers already off, put hose over drain spout and turn the square bit anti-clockwise.

Re the filling loop. If the shorter of the two valves is connected to the heating pipe just take braided hose off the other (longer) valve and drain into a bucket.

Re the filling loop. If the shorter of the two valves is connected to the heating pipe just take braided hose off the other (longer) valve and drain into a bucket.
ok I see what you mean. I use one isolator to keep the mains shut off. I then undo the pipe at the other isolated, and then release that isolator to drain.

One last Q, is the "drain point", in the picture on page 10, not actually a drain point? See like this is what I should be using?

I'm removing some radiators, for the painters and decorators.
It is not necessary to drain the system for that.
Turn off the valves for the radiator, remove radiator, put a cap on each valve outlet.
The only water removed is what was contained in the radiator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back