Filling Cavity threshold 150mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've searched the forums and come across a fair few similar situations, but I guess I'm looking for opinions/ knowledge from people with better oversite than myself...
I'm about to insulate the floor of our newly built extension and below is the set up.

Builder doesnt think a fill in the cavity is really necessary, and could very well be correct and more than happy to be told so.

Engineer by trade, so over think most things, and I have concerns that due to it being a high traffic area, the 150mm cavity lends itself to being a weak point? What would you do?
Cavity.jpg

If a fill is necessary, using a DPM to create a trough as other posts suggests then lean mix as below okay?
CavityFill.jpg

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Agreed, furthermore you ought to have a vapour barrier under you screed (to prevent any screed seeping through the gaps in your insulation and at the perimeter) lapped up the wall in front of the dpm, lap the dpm up under the threshold, then these days our more conscientious builders are using epdm tape everywhere for good measure.

cav.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back