Filling chases and blown plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, got a little project going on to mount a TV above a fireplace iwth a mantel. Decided to get power hooked up as well as a conduit for wiring. The areas marked red are loose/blown plaster. What would be the best way going about this? i've done patch work with plastering. Will be ripping the loose plaster off and then using diluted PVA. Couple of questions though,

How long should i wait before plastering after PVA'ing?

Should i Just use bonding plaster and level it out with the existing plaster in one go or bond it leaving a 2-3mm depth gap, scratch, and then do another coat on top?

Will be wallpapered over

Thanks!
plasteringjob.jpg

Sponsored Links
So looks like a lot more came away with little effort in big chunks. Its not all plaster. Does anyone know what the slab in the second picture is made from? Will be removing dust and PVAing today
IMG_20221028_143235.jpg

IMG_20221028_143242.jpg

Your best option as need mesh joins is run straight edges and cut slowly in layers with sharp blade then carefully remove old skim then pva the lot and skim but on the brown patches let pva set then skim or skim tacky

Hardwall or bond deep areas obvs and pva depending on what suction type plaster is used

Sponsored Links
Is that an older property with lime plaster and the it's been renovated (skimmed) and the gypsum has not taken to it then blown off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back