filling chipped paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what should ido when i go to paint a window sill (internal) and there are chips in the gloss work. can i fill them if so what with

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Give the cill a good rub down first then fill then with polyfilla

Or, to give the filler a good base to stick to, undercoat first, then fill..rub down..touch up the filler and then apply your gloss or top coat

Is Polyfilla hard enough? It always seems very soft to me. I have in mind some door frames that get chipped and will probably get knocked in the same places later.

Sponsored Links
Can't get that page, what's the product called? Is it a powder or readimixed tub? ta.

Its called 'Polyfilla Alabastine' made by Polycell (Dulux Trade). The traditional favourite of decorators - a very high quality interior filler.

Smooth, easy to sand.
Resistant to grinning and flashing.
Long working time, but sets in about an hour depending on conditions.
Accept nails and screws.
Drying time
Sets in about 1.5 hours*

Pack sizes
1.8kg

* Depending on surface, temperature, relative humidity and depth of area filled

It shouldnt be over 10..its only a powder filler the same as polyfilla its been around a bit longer though.

Ive used it, nothing special..its ok

I would..and not Tetrion..very gritty and doesnt stick too well, yuk

i have been using red devil filler very easy to apply and rub. very fine filler good for surface filling NOT deep filling

Yep, "jimbobo" 'Red Devil' is GREAT filler for small filling, also is 'One Fill'. Also, it is flexible when dries. Though it cant hold screws & nails though. Who makes 'Red Devil' "jimbobo" ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back